Rise and shine with Hiking Dubrovnik team!
Early birds get the most famous view in Croatia to themselves on our exhilarating and fun early morning hike to the top of Srdj hill.
Escape the crowds,
explore and enjoy the fresh air! Join Hiking Dubrovnik team on the unique, one and only morning “wake up hike and morning workout” in Dubrovnik. Beat the crowds, stretch your legs, and enjoy the panoramic view that gets more spectacular at each
turn. Great inspiring local guides who love what they do!
The Mountain Srđ seems a world away from the lush subtropical world of the coastal strip, with bare stone and scrub stretching as far as the eye can see. As you
climb to the top of Mount Srđ, stunning views of the walled town below open to you with a panorama of the whole coast stretching as far as the Pelješac peninsula to the northwest. In spring and early summer, the scrub is covered in daisies and bright-pommelled
thistles. At the top, there is an old military fort built during Napoleonic wars at the beginning of the 19th century. Nowadays it is being used as a Museum of Croatian war for independence.
Afterward, hike to another
part of the mountain through the paths known only by local people and mountaineers. The hike continues with a descent down the south-east side of the mountain which gives you a beautiful view of the Old Town Dubrovnik.
The whole hike
is 8 kilometers (5 miles) long.
Trip price (per person):
- 2 persons 47 Eur (353 Kuna)
- 3-4 persons 40 Eur (300 Kuna)
- 5-6 persons 35 Eur (263 Kuna)
- 7-8 persons 30 Eur (225 Kuna)
- At Boninovo bus stop at 7 am.
- It is a second bus stop starting from Pile Gate. If you are at the Pile Gate turn your back to the Old Town and walk following the road until you get to
the point where the road forks. This is Boninovo bus stop. (10 min walk)
It is good to know:
- The path is well marked but rocky so a pair of harder trainers
or hiking shoes is necessary.
- The whole walk is 8 kilometers long.
- Level of fitnesses is moderate.
- Minimum age is 12 years.
- The hike ends in the Old Town Dubrovnik (Ploce gate).
Included in price:
- English speaking guide
- Energy bar
What to bring with you:
- Water ( minimum 2 liters), hat, sunglasses, sunblock cream, etc
We require a minimum of 2 persons to run this tour.
If you’re a solo traveler, please get in touch with us before booking